What we can offer each other
Hopefully you can see from the rest of the site that the orchestra will
be great fun to play for! But don't just take our word for it - here are some
comments from within the orchestra:
We will provide you with:
- "A fantastic experience - everyone very friendly and welcoming."
- "I was overjoyed to find 'PB' as the 'vibe', standard of performance
and leadership were all excellent. Please ask me to play again!"
- "I have had a wonderful time."
- "I really appreciated the musical level at which the rehearsals
were pitched, and enjoyed the high expectations that were demanded (rare for this kind of gig)."
- "The feedback in the pub afterwards was universally more than favourable!"
In return we would ask that you:
- A setting where good musical results are possible (for example, we have
a highly experienced professional leader, and other professionals also play with us.)
- Notes/thoughts from the conductor on the music and its performance
(e.g. considering historical performance practice). These will be available in advance on the website.
- Concerts with a difference - see Arts Partnership.
- An up-to-date feel (we don't wear tailcoats!)
- Contribute to the financial equilibrium of the orchestra by paying set subs for
- Are of at least grade 8 standard
- Have good sight-reading ability (each concert has a small
number of rehearsals)
- Have had a reasonable amount of orchestral playing experience
- Bring lots of friends and family to the concert!!
Concerned that you may not be able to manage the music on the small
number of rehearsals ... ?
Not sure ... ?
- Music (marked up where possible) will be available by email attachment (PDF files)
for practice approximately two weeks before each concert -
so you can get ahead of the game!
- Of course not all music is equally 'difficult', so you may find that some of our
concerts suit you but others don't.
Raring to go ... ?
- Please don't let these 'requirements' put you off!
Contact us if you're not sure what to do. We could call you for a chat,
which would hopefully clarify things.
- Please click the button below and fill in the form.